Did you know that you are carrying a 3D magnetometer? That you can use your phone as a pendulum to measure earth\’s local gravitational acceleration? That you can turn your phone into a sonar?
phyphox gives you access to the sensors of your phone either directly or through ready-to-play experiments including data analysis and data export for further analysis. You can even define your own experiments on phyphox.org and share them with colleagues, students and friends.
– A selection of pre-defined experiments. Just press play to start.
– Define your own experiments by selecting sensor inputs, defining analysis steps and creating views as an interface
– Export your data to a range of widely used formats
– Remote-control your experiment through a web interface from any PC on the same network as your phone. No need to install anything on those PCs – all you need is a modern web browser.
– Set up your own complex data analysis, whether it is just adding two values or using advanced methods like Fourier transforms and crosscorrelation. We offer a whole toolbox of analysis functions.
– Light intensity
*some sensors are not present on every phone.
– CSV (Comma separated values)
– CSV (Tab-separated values)
(if you need other formats, please let us know)
This app has been developed at the 2nd Institute of Physics A at the RWTH Aachen University.
Explanation for the permissions requested
If you have Android 6.0 or newer, some permissions will only be asked for when needed.
Internet: This grants phyphox network access, which is required to load experiments from online ressources or when using the remote access. Both are only done when requested by the user and no other data is transmitted.
Bluetooth: Used to access external sensors.
Read external storage: This is may be neccessary when opening an experiment stored on the device.
Record audio: Required to use the microphone in experiments.
To Download phyphox For PC,users need to install an Android Emulator like Xeplayer.With Xeplayer,you can Download phyphox for PC version on your Windows 7,8,10 and Laptop.
How to Play phyphox on PC,Laptop,Windows
1.Download and Install XePlayer Android Emulator.Click "Download XePlayer" to download.
2.Run XePlayer Android Emulator and login Google Play Store.
3.Open Google Play Store and search phyphox and Download,Or Import the apk file from your PC Into XePlayer to install it.
4.Install phyphox for PC.Now you can play phyphox on PC.Have fun!