Mapillary is a service for crowdsourcing street level photos, panoramas and anything you want to see covered using your phone.
This app lets you:
– take photos and upload them to the Mapillary service
– find areas with photos, view them and navigate on your phone
– map your neighborhood, holiday spot or country house from a bike, car, or walking
– create a photo view experience anywhere
– share map links with your friends
We are trying to test the app against as many devices as we can. If you experience any problems, please let us know and we will work to support your device. The Mapillary app
– will stop at 10% battery and 90% used storage
– upload images in the background when you get onto WiFi to save your data plan
The main features in the newer versions are:
* Upload is now multi-threaded and will use most of the bandwidth available on your phone, resulting in much faster uploads.
* The camera part is now saving images not in the main thread, but in the background, resulting in a much more fluent user experience and hopefully less stress on the phones resources.
* Big grids in the review sections have cached thumbnails of images, resulting in a better user experience with long sequences to review
* All feed, status and profile updates are now done in the background and not blocking the user interface.
* We have added a hot-button to get to the camera in a number of places
* The UI is cleaned up, and the main settings moved into a easy-to-access side drawer, and on to the full settings page.
* There is support for UI rotation for left-hand usage.
* We added a setting to lock the camera direction in forward mode, resulting in 100% correct camera angles when holding the camera forward while riding or walking. Try it out!
* We added auto-start of new sequences when a certain gap (default 300m) is detected in order to save the trouble of splitting them later in the web editor. Yay!
* There is now a low-resolution mode intended for mapping in remote areas, possibly uploading via cell connection.
* On older phones, even manual autofocus is now supported as a means of taking pictures both in single and sequence mode, giving you better outcomes.
* There is now deleting of whole sequences available
* Pictures can be reviewed in a tight grid while holding the phone in portrait mode, a big grid in landscape mode, and a flip-view in detail mode. Clicking will get you into the system image viewer for easy sharing and saving to some other storage location.
* Images are sorted newest-first or oldest-first, and uploaded in that chosen order, too.
Notifications and Profile
* You now can swipe to refresh your feed of notifications, where we will enable more and more features as we build it out.
* The profile is now listing your recent sequences and stats.
* We introduced a lot of new settings to switch off/on different modes of pausing, warnings and checks to cater for all the expert users out there.
Graphics and Layout
* We now have changed to Material Design and will continue to work in that direction.
To Download Mapillary For PC,users need to install an Android Emulator like Xeplayer.With Xeplayer,you can Download Mapillary for PC version on your Windows 7,8,10 and Laptop.
How to Play Mapillary on PC,Laptop,Windows
1.Download and Install XePlayer Android Emulator.Click "Download XePlayer" to download.
2.Run XePlayer Android Emulator and login Google Play Store.
3.Open Google Play Store and search Mapillary and Download,Or Import the apk file from your PC Into XePlayer to install it.
4.Install Mapillary for PC.Now you can play Mapillary on PC.Have fun!